Jul 2 Tue
Fraser Academy is pleased to offer the AOGPE Orton-Gillingham Training Course (Associate Level).Read More
This OG Tutor Training, comprised of Associate Coursework (70-hours) and an Associate Practicum, is certified by the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators, an internationally recognized institution operating out of North America. The training is composed of 3 modules, for a total of 9 days of instruction.
It consists of high-quality training in structured, multisensory language instruction that extends from basic phonics, reading, writing and spelling to higher level word attack and writing skills.
This training is geared towards educators or reading intervention specialists who teach both elementary and secondary school students with dyslexia and other language-related learning disabilities.
This approach also gives participants the opportunity to learn the structure of written English through systematic and multisensory teaching techniques.
Aug 23 Fri
Deadline - Expressions of Interest by May 3rd, 2019.
Applications and Heads Endorsement due by May 10th, 2019. A more detailed proposal will be due by August 23th, 2019.
Queries to Elizabeth Moore email@example.comRead More
Sep 16 Mon
The ISABC Prospective Heads Development program provides a robust, authentic training program to prepare and support prospective Heads in ISABC schools.Read More
The program will:
• Be tailored to the professional learning needs of individual course participants and meet the needs of ISABC schools for improved succession planning
• Focus on the high level skills of leadership in an independent school context
• Enable participants to reflect, practice and learn alongside peers, an experienced Head mentor and other prominent educators in BC
• Provide opportunity for an in-school reflective inquiry project interrogating leadership practices
• Support learning with relevant speakers drawn from ISABC schools and BC contexts (industry, universities, Ministry)
• Provide the opportunity to create a practical blueprint for the first 90 days as a new Head of School
2019 - September 15 & 16, November 2
2020 - January 16, March 6, April 13, June 5 & 6
To apply, please complete the GoogleForm.