The ISABC supports its member schools in their development of world-class educators by encouraging collaboration and networking opportunities, providing professional development, promoting best practice, and facilitating action research.
ISABC works to connect leaders across our member schools. We facilitate 14 Leadership groups, including Heads of ISABC Schools; Principals of Early Learning, Junior, Middle and Senior School; Marketing and Communications, Admissions, HR, Business, and Risk Managers; Network and Educational Technologist Leaders; Learning Resource, Athletics and Service Learning Coordinators. Collaboration groups connect Heads of English, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Languages as well as Librarians, Heads' Executive Assistants and University Counselors.
Individual ISABC Schools hold professional development sessions and lectures to which other schools and the general public are invited.
Upcoming Educational Information and Research View More
Upcoming Meetings View More
Sep 27 Thu
Aberdeen Hall will be hosting the ISABC Conference on September 27th and 28th, 2018.
The Conference is open to colleagues in Marketing and Communications, Admissions, Advancement, Alumni and International Relations.
There has been a block booking made at the Delta Grand Hotel. Attendees can use booking reference M-BKLCTX6 for special room rates.
Itinerary (additional details will be added shortly)
Thursday Sept 27
5:00-6:00PM Check in at The Grand Hotel
6:30-8:30PM Keynote presentation and dinner at the Yacht Club
Friday, Sept 28Read More
8:30AM Shuttle to Aberdeen Hall
9:00-3:00PM Workshop – Itinerary TBA
To register for the conference please complete the Registration Google Form.
Upcoming Professional Development Opportunities and Presentations View More
Sep 1 Sat
The ISABC Prospective Heads Development program provides a robust, authentic training program to prepare and support prospective Heads in ISABC schools.Read More
The program will:
• Be tailored to the professional learning needs of individual course participants and meet the needs of ISABC schools for improved succession planning
• Focus on the high level skills of leadership in an independent school context
• Enable participants to reflect, practice and learn alongside peers, an experienced Head mentor and other prominent educators in BC
• Provide opportunity for an in-school reflective inquiry project interrogating leadership practices
• Support learning with relevant speakers drawn from ISABC schools and BC contexts (industry, universities, Ministry)
• Provide the opportunity to create a practical blueprint for the first 90 days as a new Head of School
2018 - September 16 & 17, November 3
2019 - January 17, March 8, April 16, June 7 & 8
To apply, please complete the GoogleForm.
Aug 24 Fri
Deadline - Expressions of Interest by June 1st, 2018.Read More
Applications and Heads Endorsement due by June 15th, 2018. A more detailed proposal will be due by August 24th, 2018.