Visual Arts and Design Teacher, Middle and Senior Divisions (Grades 6-12)
Maternity Leave January 2018 - January 2019
Aspengrove School, an independent co-educational day school, is located in Nanaimo, BC on beautiful Vancouver Island. We are an International Baccalaureate Continuum school that serves students from pre-K-grade 12. As a small school with a dedicated faculty and staff, we provide an excellent learning and teaching environment that is collaborative and innovative. Aspengrove School is a place where students and teachers work together to explore the opportunities of the IB curriculum and their passions as learners.
We are looking for a well-qualified and experienced Visual Arts teacher, to lead our program in grades 6-12. This individual will also teach Design 8 and Design 9. This position is temporary, full-time from January 2018 to January 2019.
• Teach IB Diploma Visual Arts in Grades 11 and 12
• Teach the IB MYP Visual Arts elective in Grades 9 and 10
• Teach the IB MYP Visual Arts in Grades 6, 7 and 8
• Teach the IB MYP Design in Grades 8 and 9
• Sponsor and support the Yearbook
• Supervisory duties as assigned
• Ideally 3-5 years of teaching experience with (minimum) a Bachelors in the Visual Arts or related BA program and a Bachelors in Education.
• All of the requirements and certifications to teach in BC or ability to obtain by the start date.
• An ability to connect with, and inspire students in the visual arts and design.
• A deep understanding of, and passion for, art, along with technical expertise required.
• An ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
• An ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff members, students, parents, and outside community agencies and partners.
• A grounding in academic art theory and history in order to deliver the DP Arts curriculum required.
• Ideally, assessment experience with the IB Diploma Visual Arts program.
Please submit cover letter and resume including three references to Kate Lloyd firstname.lastname@example.org