Temp PHE / Math Teacher
Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique 'IB Advantage': a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers. Our strength lies in meeting students where they are and in providing them the skills and opportunities to explore who they will become.
We are currently seeking an exceptional educator to join our learning community on a temporary, full-time basis to cover a maternity leave.
MYP PHE / Mathematics Teacher
Middle / Senior School
Term: Oct 2020 – Nov 2021
PHE 0.6FTE / Maths: 0.4FTE
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- collaboratively plan and deliver International Baccalaureate (IB) Units that incorporate the BC curriculum
- monitor and support student academic, co-curricular, and personal growth
- make an active contribution to our extensive co-curricular programs, and participate fully in the culture of our independent school community
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Eligible to hold a valid BC teaching certificate
- Experience teaching MYP PHE and/or Mathematics
- Familiarity with, or knowledge teaching within, the BC curriculum
- Must be highly collegial and a collaborative team player
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish connections with students, parents and colleagues
- A strong aptitude in differentiated learning styles and a passion for educating the whole student
- Strong knowledge of inquiry-based and project-based learning approaches
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and creativity in education
- Highly reflective and committed to continuous professional growth and improvement
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments. Applications can be submitted for the PHE post, Maths post or the full 1.0 position depending on candidate expertise. Please visit the following link to apply online: https://easyapply.co/job/phe-maths-teacher?rcid=isabc
Application deadline: August 14, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Glenlyon Norfolk School will only use and retain personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.