Teachers On Call (TOC), Primary, Intermediate and Secondary
TEACHING AT WPGA
At WPGA, we focus on the individual child, the whole person and a balanced life. We give each student transformative learning experiences rooted in inquiry, shaped by action and celebrated with joy. Great schools have great teachers, and WPGA has exceptional teachers and staff, dedicated to shaping lives of inquiry, action and joy. To maintain our highest standards of teaching excellence, we have a rigorous interview process, and seek teachers who not only integrate future-focused teaching and technology but also align with our vision, mission and core values. Our teachers and staff are enthusiastic, team-oriented people who go the extra mile, involve themselves in our school and are lifelong learners themselves.
A teacher-on-call (TOC) is a valued member of our school community who, with the support of the junior school leadership and teaching teams, provides future-focused, engaging program delivery and a warm, supportive learning environment to his or her classroom of learners.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches prepared lesson plans and leads interactive learning activities
- Initiates and facilitates classroom discussions
- Incorporates appropriate technology and media in lesson planning
- Accompanies classes on field trips
- Promotes and maintains high standards of behaviour, respect and safety within the classroom
- Supports families with open, ongoing communication
- Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification in education
- Valid BC teaching certificate required (or be in application of)
- Experience integrating innovative technology in class lessons
- A passion for and experience working with children and/or adolescents
- Team player who will work to foster an open, positive learning environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; empathetic and accountable
- Ability to self-manage and take initiative
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and a sense of fun
Please email a cover letter and résumé, to WPGA Careers. In the subject line, please write “TOC” plus your preferred grade levels: Primary (K-3), Intermediate (4-7) or Secondary (8-12). I.e. “TOC Primary and Intermediate” or “TOC K-12”
Recruitment for this position is ongoing based on our current needs. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.