Teacher Intern, Middle and Senior School
Teacher Intern, Middle and Senior School (Grade 7-12)
Full time Position
Fraser Academy, Vancouver
Fraser Academy Middle/Senior School is offering an internship for a high school trained teacher.
Located in Kitsilano, Fraser Academy is a highly effective academic school, specifically for students grades 1 to 12 who have dyslexia or other related language-based, processing difficulties. With a maximum of ten students per class, the school follows the B.C. Ministry of Education curriculum. An impressive 90% of Fraser Academy grads go onto post-secondary education. For more information about the school, please go to our website: www.fraseracademy.ca.
Fraser Academy is an accredited member of the Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS), the Independent Schools Association of British Columbia (ISABC), the International Dyslexia Association (IDA), and the Federation of Independent Schools Association (FISA).
● Belong to a team of dedicated professionals
● Continue professional growth and development through in-school workshops, speakers, and collaborative time with experienced teachers
● Participate in field trips, outdoor education trips, athletics, clubs, and leadership development
● Collaborate with teachers to plan and teach units of study
● Participate in extracurricular activities (e.g. clubs, athletics, outdoor education, leadership development and supervision)
● Teacher-on-call assignments as required (Gr 7-12)
The ideal candidate requires the following:
● Bachelor of Education or Special Education
● Certification from the British Columbia Teacher Regulation Branch or certification application in process
● Able to encourage and motivate students with a range of abilities and learning styles
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills
No prior teaching experience in a school setting other than a practicum is required.
Interested candidates may apply via email by submitting their resume, cover letter, and three references to Tasso Kanavos email@example.com. - Assistant Head of School-Student Life.