Teacher, English, Senior School
Teacher, English, Senior School
One-Year, Full-Time, Temporary Contract
A Crofton House education offers extraordinary possibilities. Each girl comes to the school to
pursue the possibilities of a CHS education. She has extraordinary potential and embraces her
complete education. As a graduate, she takes the extraordinary into the world, fulfilling the
promise of her Crofton House experience. We inspire girls to discover and pursue their
personal excellence. At Crofton House School, we value courage, creativity and citizenship.
The English Department at Crofton House School is distinguished by extraordinary teachers
who provide a collaborative, inquiry-based, and student-centered approach to teaching.
Through the Crofton House School educational program, students develop their critical thinking
and problem-solving skills. The teaching facilities are well equipped and offer bright and
technology rich learning environments.
As a skilled and innovative teacher of English, you inspire students. You are actively engaged in
planning, implementing and assessing student learning. You are confident in curriculum
development and demonstrate an approach to teaching that is reflective of the way in which
girls learn. You optimize the resources available to you. You support all learners with diverse
strategies and approaches and bring innovative solutions to learning challenges experienced by
students. Your classes are student-centered and dynamic. Students describe you as
approachable, available, knowledgeable, genuine and supportive. You are energized by what
you do. You understand the importance of parents as partners in their daughter’s education by
maintaining open and collaborative relationships with the parent community. As a lifelong
learner, you demonstrate a commitment to actively seeking professional development. You
participate actively in the life of the school.
- Work collaboratively with teachers in the Senior School to plan, develop, and implement an extraordinary learning experience for each individual student
- Build relationships with teachers and staff across the school community.
- As much as possible, bring a student-centered, inquiry-based and collaborative approach to the delivery of the B.C. curriculum of English
- Be an active and positive participant in the co-curricular program
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- Relevant university qualifications (e.g. Bachelor of Education plus Bachelor of Arts in
- English, or equivalent)
- Graduate degree, an asset
- B.C. Ministry of Education Certificate or qualification (or alternative for Independent
- Schools as outlined by the BC Teacher Regulations Branch )
- Experience in an independent school an asset
- A comprehensive understanding of current educational practices outlined in the BC
Ministry of Education documents
- An ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time-management and communication skills
- A commitment toward continued professional development and growth
- Energy, commitment and a readiness to participate in the co-curricular program
Employment and Application Details:
The appointment is effective October 23, 2017 and continues until June 29, 2018. We offer
competitive compensation, including participation in Crofton House Pension Plan (RRSP), and
generous support for professional, educational and leadership development. Please note that
applicants must be able to legally work in Canada.
Apply online at www.croftonhouse.ca/careers immediately . We will be reviewing applications as
soon as they are submitted. Interviews will begin immediately.
We thank all candidates in advance. We will, however, contact only those selected for an
interview. Interviews will begin ASAP. No phone calls please .
For more information, please visit www.croftonhouse.ca