Teacher On Call, Senior School
Teacher-On-Call (TOC), Senior School - All Subject Areas Welcome
Exciting Opportunity for an Extraordinary Teacher
At Crofton House School, we inspire girls to discover and pursue their personal excellence from the first day of junior kindergarten to grade 12 and beyond.
Bound by our belief in the power of all-girls education, Crofton House School fosters a strong sense of community among educators, staff, students and families. Here, everyone can contribute to the strength of our learning environment – including you.
Crofton House School is seeking teachers who value an opportunity to work in an extraordinary school and in ‘on-call’ capacity. CHS is a school that teachers-on-call return to year after year because of the welcoming and supportive colleagues, the academic calibre and respectful nature of the students, and the stimulating campus and facilities.
You are a skilled and experienced teacher, and you are able to transfer your knowledge to a diverse class of students, and in doing so, inspire their pursuit of knowledge. You are confident in supporting learners using approaches that are reflective of the way in which girls learn. You optimize the resources available to you. You are energized by what you do. Students and colleagues find you to be approachable, available, knowledgeable, genuine and supportive.
- Be available at short (morning of day required) or long-term notice to cover classes, Advisory periods, and/or student assessment blocks during a teacher absence or secondment.
- Sign in and out with the Senior School Office
- Review all material for class(es) to be covered in advance of class including emergency procedures and any reported student issue (learning accommodation or health-related)
- Take responsibility for assigned attendance, learning activities, and especially student safety and wellbeing.
- In the event of an emergency, respond according to instructions, making student safety a priority.
- Create a positive learning environment for all students
- Ask for assistance, when needed
- Create a record for the class teacher regarding the learning that took place in the assigned class and any follow-up required
- Return all notes and equipment from the class to the Senior School Office
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- Relevant university qualifications (e.g. Bachelor of Education)
- B.C. Ministry of Education Certificate or Independent School Certification qualification criteria
- Experience in an independent school, an asset
- Collaborative and energetic with a passion for teaching
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent classroom management skills
Employment and Application Details:
Teachers-On-Call at Crofton House School receive competitive compensation. Please note that applicants must be able to legally work in Canada.
Apply online at www.croftonhouse.ca/careers. We will review applications beginning on August 21, 2018.
We thank all candidates in advance. We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview. No phone calls, please.
About Crofton House School
Crofton House School is a university preparatory day school for girls from junior kindergarten to grade 12. Set on a beautiful ten-acre campus in Vancouver, we offer an inclusive, supportive community of dedicated teachers, involved parents, and enthusiastic students. Collaborative, student-centred, inquiry-based education and world-class facilities create a unique learning environment where each girl can reach her full potential.