Teacher on Call
Southpointe Academy, an independent, K-12, university-preparatory school in Tsawwassen, B.C. invites applications from individuals who wish to join our dynamic community. Located in a contemporary urban learning environment, the School building meets rigorous architectural standards and possesses views from all common areas of the Fraser Delta, Gulf of Georgia and the North Shore Mountains. Southpointe Academy is home to 545 students and over 80 teachers and support staff.
Southpointe is an authorized International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) school and is an IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) candidate school. The School also offers The College Board’s Advanced Placement (AP) Program to students in Grades 10-12. Our graduates attend the top post-secondary schools in Canada, the U.S. and the U.K.
Reporting to the Junior School Principal, the Teacher on Call position is a casual position for the 2018-2019 School Year. We are interested in receiving applications from applicants with experience of teaching in any Grades from K-12 and all areas of specialism.
- Completion of B.Ed. and one of the following from the B.C. Ministry of Education: Certificate for Qualification or Independent School Teaching Certificate
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills Ability to work cooperatively with all members of the school community
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience
- Based on the School’s approved Teacher on Call Salary Scale
Please submit your application with the following supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- BC Teaching Certificate or Independent School Teaching Certificate number
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Southpointe Academy. However, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.