Senior School Teachers on Call
Fraser Academy is seeking Senior School Teachers on Call to join our team of educators. In particular, we are looking for candidates with specializations in the following areas:
• Physical Education
• Social Studies
Located in Kitsliano, Fraser Academy is a highly effective academic school, specifically for students in grades 1-12 who have dyslexia or other related language-based processing difficulties. With a maximum of ten students per class, the school follows the B.C. Ministry of Education curriculum. For more information about the school, please go to our website, www.fraseracademy.ca. Fraser Academy has a proven record of academic success, with 90% of our graduates moving on to college and university.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications, knowledge, and experience:
• Relevant university qualifications (Bachelor of Education and undergraduate degree in a teachable subject)
• Valid certification from the British Columbia Teacher Regulation Board
• Non-practicum teaching experience in middle or senior school is an asset
• A comprehensive understanding of the British Columbia Ministry of Education’s new grade 7-9 curriculum and draft grade 10-12 curriculum in area of specialization
• Able to motivate students with a range of abilities and learning styles
• Strong classroom management and communication skills
• Flexible, adaptive, and reflective teaching practice and confident in a variety of scenarios
• Familiar with classroom technology, including Google Apps and interactive projectors
Interested candidates may apply via email by submitting their resume, cover letter, and three references to Erin Cranston, firstname.lastname@example.org, TOC Coordinator.