Senior School Social Studies Teacher
Southpointe Academy, an independent, K-12, university-preparatory school in Tsawwassen, B.C. invites applications from individuals who wish to join our dynamic community. Located in a contemporary urban learning environment, the School building meets rigorous architectural standards and possesses views from all common areas of the Fraser Delta, Gulf of Georgia and the North Shore Mountains. Southpointe Academy is home to 545 students and over 80 teachers and support staff.
The School is an authorized International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) school and is an IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) candidate school. Southpointe also offers The College Board’s Advanced Placement (AP) Program to students in Grades 10-12. Our graduates attend the top post-secondary schools in Canada, the U.S. and the U.K.
Reporting to the Senior School Principal, the Senior School Social Studies Teacher position will be comprised of 1.0 FTE Social Studies within the Senior School, which includes Grades 6 to 12. This position will commence August 23, 2018 for the 2018-2019 School Year.
- Completion of B.Ed. and one of the following from the B.C. Ministry of Education: Certificate for Qualification or Independent School Teaching Certificate
- Commitment to the School’s extra-curricular program and/or coaching in the athletics program
- Ability to work cooperatively with all members of the school community
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
IB MYP training and teaching experience
Based on the School’s approved Teacher Salary Scale
Please submit your application with the following supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- BC Teaching Certificate or Independent School Teaching Certificate number
- Two letters of reference from past supervisors
- Most recent teaching evaluation
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Southpointe Academy. However, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.