Senior School Social Studies
Senior School Social Studies Teacher
One-year maternity leave position beginning September, 2018.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, background and interest:
- A relevant degree and teaching certification in the province of British Columbia;
- Experience teaching AP Psychology, Economics and/or AP Economics as well as other senior level social studies courses;
- Experience with the implementation of the new social studies curriculum in British Columbia;
- Experience teaching Social Studies 9, 10 and 11;
- Professionalism and excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong collaboration skills;
- Experience working in an environment where a broad spectrum of programs operate simultaneously, demanding much forward planning and creativity;
- An interest in collaborating in the development of innovative programming ideas in the social sciences.
Responsibilities will include:
- Involvement within and outside of the department on curricular and co-curricular endeavours in a multi-grade setting;
- Continuously reflecting on the program and with the input of students, faculty and parents determining future directions;
- Serving as a Homeroom Advisor to a group of students who regularly meet for pastoral care and support;
- Liaising with teaching faculty, parents and administration as an advocate for students;
- Contributing to the co-curricular life of the school.
Applicants are requested to supply a résumé with references, accompanied by a cover letter outlining the candidate’s particular strengths and how the candidate is well-suited to teaching in a rich academic program.
Please respond by email on or prior to Thursday, April 26, 2018 to:
St. Michaels University School
C/O Human Resources Department
3400 Richmond Road
Victoria, BC V8P 4P5