Senior School Mathematics Teacher
Southpointe Academy, an independent, K-12, university-preparatory school in Tsawwassen, B.C., invites applications from individuals who wish to join our dynamic community. Located in contemporary urban learning environment, the School building meets rigorous architectural standards and possesses views from all common areas of the Fraser Delta, Gulf of Georgia and the North Shore Mountains. Southpointe Academy is home to 560 students and over 80 teachers and support staff.
The School is an authorized International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) World School and IB Middle Years Programme (IB MYP) World School. Southpointe also offers The College Board’s Advanced Placement (AP) Program to students in Grades 10 to 12. Our graduates attend the top post-secondary schools in Canada, the U.S. and the U.K.
Reporting to the Senior School Principals, the Senior School Mathematics Teacher position will be comprised of 1.0 FTE Mathematics from Grades 10 to 12. This position will commence August 28, 2020.
- Completion of B.Ed. and one of the following from the B.C. Ministry of Education: Certificate of Qualification or Independent School Teaching Certificate;
- Support of the School’s mission, vision and values;
- Support of the IB programmes and a pedagogy focused on inquiry- and concept-based learning;
- Commitment to the School’s extra-curricular program and/or coaching in the athletics program;
- Ability to work cooperatively with all members of the school community;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- AP Calculus and higher level Mathematics teaching experience.
Faculty Salaries and Benefits:
- Based on the School’s approved Teacher Salary Scale;
- Extended health and dental benefits;
- RRSP matching program;
- Subsidised staff lunch program
- Staff wellness program.
Please submit your application with the following supporting documents to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter;
- BC Teaching Certificate or Independent School Teaching Certificate number;
- Two letters of reference from past supervisors & most recent teaching evaluation.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Southpointe Academy. However, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.