Senior School French Teacher
Aspengrove School is inviting applications from passionate, enthusiastic and experienced educators for the position of Senior School French Teacher for the 2018-2019 school year (September 1, 2018 starting date). This is a full time 1.0 FTE position.
An independent co-educational day school, Aspengrove is located in Nanaimo, BC on beautiful Vancouver Island. We are an International Baccalaureate Continuum school that serves students from pre-K to grade 12. As a small school with a dedicated faculty and staff, we provide an excellent learning and teaching environment that is collaborative and innovative. Aspengrove School is a place where students and teachers work together to explore the opportunities of the IB curriculum and their passions as learners and members of a strong community. Our teachers believe that at Aspengrove “they have the freedom to make decisions around creativity and innovation, and they have an influence on the growth of the school.” They describe their students as “responsive to the demands of intellectual rigor and opportunities for powerful learning.”
Our 40 acre rural-suburban campus setting affords rich opportunities for students and teachers to engage in a meaningful learning journey. The successful candidate will be interested in working with a community of committed educators.
· BC Teacher Certificate;
· Bachelor’s degree in French language, literature or related subject;
· Excellent facility in French, oral and written;
· International Baccalaureate experience an asset.
Desired Qualities and Competencies:
· Understanding of current educational practices in differentiated instruction;
· Strong communication, teamwork and instructional skills;
· A record of encouraging, nurturing, and supporting students’ love of learning;
· Collaborative orientation;
· Current in technology integration;
· Ability to map curriculum in collaboration with colleagues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Head, Middle and Senior Divisions, the candidate will:
· Prepare for, teach, support and supervise students;
· Provide student feedback on progress in the form of assessments, reporting and conferencing;
· Participate in the co-curricular programs;
· Attend all required meetings and professional development activities;
· Work collaboratively with colleagues;
· Deliver the required curriculum;
· Remain current and knowledgeable in best practices for language instruction, technology integration, and differentiated delivery models.
Please submit applications to email@example.com by May 31, 2018.