Biology Teacher [Full time (1.0 FTE)] Starting: September 1, 2018
Who we are:
King David High School is a top-rated independent school in central Vancouver; we are members of ISABC and a CAIS candidate school. Our staff come from all walks of life and backgrounds – we value diversity. King David teachers enjoy working in a warm, collegial environment where we collaborate to ensure our students strive to reach their potential by meeting high standards and working hard in a fun and caring environment. King David nurtures a Jewish culture characterized by a shared tradition, a common dedication to social justice, and a love for learning.
About the position:
We are looking for a dedicated, dynamic and compassionate Biology and General Science teacher to join our school family. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for teaching to inspire students to ask good questions and be curious. The teacher will have the ability to teach senior Biology and General Science, and work cooperatively with their colleagues. A successful candidate would be one who wants to be involved in the extra-curricular life of the school.
Requirements for the position:
- Be certified to teach in British Columbia with a university degree in this teaching discipline
- A proven ability to teach with kindness and flexibility to support students in their learning
- A desire to always improve one’s teaching practice and the learning experience for students
- A dedication to valuing diversity as it relates to all people, including aspects of identity, as well as having respect for indigenous traditions and ways of knowing
Why work at King David:
- Our teachers work in a modern, technology-rich environment
- Teacher professional development is supported, both in and out of school, through conference attendance, courses and workshops
- We provide continuous support and mentorship for new teachers
- We are learning together to teach the new curriculum as we place an emphasis on creating engaging learning experiences for our students
- We have a young, motivated, and engaged staff with an administration committed to creating a safe, positive workplace
- We offer a comprehensive compensation package with salaries above local public schools and great extended benefits, pension and other perks (provision of laptops, spending health account)
How to apply:
If you are excited to work with a committed and team-oriented group of educators and you have the desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, we want to hear from you. Please forward your resume, cover letter, and references to Russ Klein, Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.