PYP Music Teacher (0.75 FTE) – 3 Month Leave (Feb-April 2018)
The PYP Music Teacher will be a member of the Fine Arts faculty working in the PYP division. They will be given their own 0.75 FTE teaching assignment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, update and implement various formats for curriculum to be delivered in classes, workshops, and special events.
• Instruct students using varied teaching methods, strategies and approaches to meet the needs of all students.
• Engage in co-curricular clubs and activities in support of school intentions and dispositions. This involves the use of time not within the curricular times of the school. Some examples include supporting outdoor expeditions, engaging with students in a variety of club endeavors, and supporting Advancement in capturing the sense of the school through photographs and images related to Music.
• Facilitate hands-on educational and fun experience while maintaining a safe and inclusive environment.
• Manage student behaviour by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
• Maintain and prepare classroom supplies, equipment and materials in support of recreational and educational programmes; advises Department Head in advance of program equipment, repair and supply needs.
• Ensure classroom is organized, clean and free of hazards.
• Ensure the appropriate and respectful usage of all technology used for programmes and operational purposes.
• Perform other such duties as may be assigned.
• University/college degree in Music.
• Education degree.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in teaching music.
• Minimum of 2 years experience working with children.
• Knowledge of various music mediums.
• Innovative and creative thinker.
• Classroom management skills.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Prioritizes tasks effectively and efficiently in an environment that is constantly changing and developing.
• Carries out responsibilities and makes sound decisions independently.
• Energetic and passionate about music and working with children of all ages and abilities.
• Enthusiastic and outgoing personality.
• Strong computer skills and familiarity with modern technology.
• Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
For more information please check our website at http://www.meadowridge.bc.ca/about/employment-opportunities