Primary Years Teacher – Kindergarten to Grade 2
Maternity Leave December 2017-December 2018
Aspengrove School, an independent co-educational day school, is located in Nanaimo, BC on beautiful Vancouver Island. We are an International Baccalaureate Continuum school that serves students from pre-K-grade 12. As a small school with a dedicated faculty and staff, we provide an excellent learning and teaching environment that is collaborative and innovative. Aspengrove School is a place where students and teachers work together to explore the opportunities of the IB curriculum and their passions as learners. Our Primary Years Program addresses the needs of the whole child and is designed to prepare students for the challenges of an academic curriculum.
We are looking for a well-qualified and experienced Kindergarten to Grade 2 teacher to join our community. This position is temporary, full-time from start date December 2017 to December 2018.
• Play an active role on a collaborative PYP team
• Plan, implement and reflect on dynamic and interactive lessons
• Deliver inquiry based Units of Inquiry that create a supportive culture for learning
• Integrate meaningful, age appropriate technology into teaching and learning
• Communicate and collaborate with parents, students and administration to support student learning
• Be an active and positive participant in school life including co-curricular activities
• Ideally 5-7 years of teaching experience with a (minimum) Bachelors in Education.
• Experience in an IB learning environment an asset.
• All of the requirements and certifications to teach in BC or ability to obtain by the start date.
• An ability to connect with, and inspire young students.
• A facility with technology.
• An ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
• An ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff members, students, parents, and outside community agencies and partners.
Please submit cover letter and resume including three references to Kate Lloyd email@example.com