Physical Health Education Associate Teacher (Junior & Upper School)
Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are now inviting applications from newly qualified and experienced professionals for one-year full-time temporary position as Physical Health Education Associate Teacher in our Junior or Upper School for the 2019.20 academic year.
One of the key strategic goals for Mulgrave is to ensure learning in all divisions is personalised and differentiated in a variety of ways. By creating outstanding conditions for learning, students will reap the benefits of a more personalised curriculum. This role allows you to develop professionally under the support and guidance of experienced, exceptional teachers.
The main responsibilities of these roles will include providing teaching assistance and support to our Middle (G7-10) and Junior School (K-6) Physical Health Education classes and teachers. The successful candidates will also be responsible for teaching 1-2 Physical Health Education classes as the lead instructor. Another significant component of the job will include supporting the Athletics programme through coaching multiple teams over the course of the school year (ideally basketball, badminton and volleyball).
- Candidates will be expected to have:
- Canadian residency and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Certification to teach in British Columbia or have all the requirements to be certified to teach in British Columbia
- The appropriate background and qualifications for coaching in basketball, badminton and volleyball, including appropriate NCCP certification
- A class IV drivers licence or a willingness to get one
- Knowledge and understanding of the International Baccalaureate programmes (not mandatory, but preferred)
- A firm understanding of the PHE curricula in BC
- Experience teaching in a technology-rich environment
- Fluent communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Strong organisational, communication, administrative and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
Given the location of the school, applicants must provide for their own transportation.
If your passion is to teach young minds and you want to launch or continue your career and grow professionally in one of BC’s top Independent Schools, this role is for you. An attractive compensation package of $40,000 base salary along with an additional 4% in lieu of benefits plus a contract completion bonus of $6,000 will be offered for the right candidate.
Further information about our school can be found on our website at www.mulgrave.com. Resumes should be submitted through https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/ by May 31, 2019.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.