PE Teacher - Senior School
Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 680 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. We have a tradition of developing well rounded students with a balance of knowledge and goodness, inspiring students to go out into the world and make a difference.
Southridge is affectionately described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re passionate about working in an energizing environment with colleagues that value building strong relationships, fostering strong minds and good hearts through student-centered teaching and learning, and community all while having fun, we want to hear from you!
PE TEACHER, (TEMPORARY, FULL-TIME)
We are currently inviting applications for the temporary full-time (1.0 FTE) position of PE Teacher. This position will commence September 2019 – June 2020.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and deliver the core PE program requirements in assigned grade levels following the BC Ministry of Education curriculum
• Collaboratively plan within the department to develop and design consistent and well-articulated programs and lessons
• Assess and report on student progress and effort, drawing attention to areas of achievement and areas requiring further development
• Supervise and manage student deportment, including behaviour and adherence to uniform expectations
• Monitors students’ academic, co-curricular, and personal growth as an advisor
• Attend and participate in core school functions and special events
• Participate in the co-curricular programme of the school
• Additional duties and responsibilities as outlined in the Faculty Handbook
• A Bachelor of Education degree with an undergraduate degree in physical education
• Hold a valid BC Teaching certificate
• Co-curricular coaching experience in rugby is valued
• Experience with soccer, basketball and volleyball is valued along with coaching designations
• Must be highly collegial and a collaborative team partner
• Experience teaching at the Senior School level in an independent school environment is considered an asset
• Effective interpersonal skills to establish connections with students and parents
• A proven understanding of children developmentally
• Experience teaching in a technology rich environment is an asset
Southridge offers a competitive salary and pays 3% above the Vancouver School District. In addition, we have a comprehensive benefits package and a generous RRSP matching program.
To apply for this position, please visit our 'How to Apply' page for step-by-step instructions on submitting an application through our online system. The closing date for this posting is
February 4, 2019
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.