PE Primary Years Programme - Junior School
Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 680 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our mission is to develop well-rounded students with the love of learning, integrity, character and confidence to realize their full potential and make a difference in the world.
Southridge has affectionally been described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re interested in working in an energizing environment with a team of dedicated professionals who like to work hard and have fun, please keep reading…
PE TEACHER, PRIMARY YEARS PROGRAMME (PYP) – JUNIOR SCHOOL (CONTINUING, FULL-TIME)
We are currently inviting applications for the full-time (1.0 FTE) position of PE Teacher, PYP - Junior School. This position will commence September 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaboratively plan active and engaging PE units of inquiry with other members of the PE Department and the IB PYP Curriculum Coordinator that incorporate the BC Ed Plan for Physical and Health Education (PHE) and the IB PYP PSPE Curriculum
• Nurture and model a love of lifelong physical fitness
• Assess and report on student skill development and growth in the PE program
• Organize and ensure proper and safe usage of PE equipment
• Support the athletic co-curricular program of the school, under the direction of the Junior School Athletics Director, which includes coaching a competitive team each term, as well as supporting other athletic initiatives and school based special events
• Participate in professional development opportunities
• Additional duties and responsibilities as outlined in the Southridge Faculty Handbook
• Bachelor of Education - Physical Education specialty
• Valid BC Teaching certificate
• First Aid Certification
• International Baccalaureate (IB) PYP training Level 2 is preferred; IB PYP experience an asset
• Experience teaching PE at the elementary school (K-7) level in an independent school environment
• Effective interpersonal skills to establish connections with students and parents
• A proven understanding of children’s developmental needs, particularly in Kindergarten through Grade 5
• Experience in coaching various sports at elementary levels is an asset (soccer, basketball, volleyball, rugby)
• Ability to build strong relationships with students in a K-7 school environment through teaching and coaching
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work in a collegial environment
• Experience teaching in a technology rich environment is an asset
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply for this position, please create an account (or login to an existing one) online (Step 1) and ensure you complete the TeacherInsight Assessment (Step 2) by February 22, 2018.
For any questions relating to this position, or about employment at Southridge, email: email@example.com. To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.