PE and Career Education Teacher/Teacher on Call
Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 680 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our mission is to develop well-rounded students with the love of learning, integrity, character and confidence to realize their full potential and make a difference in the world.
Southridge has affectionally been described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re interested in working in an energizing environment with a team of dedicated professionals who like to work hard and have fun, please keep reading…
PE/CAREER EDUCATION TEACHER, TEACHER ON CALL (CONTINUING, FULL-TIME)
We are currently inviting applications for the full-time (1.0 FTE) position of PE/Career Education (.60) Teacher on Call (.40) – Senior School. This position will commence September 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and deliver the core PE program combined with the Career Education requirements in assigned grade levels following the BC Ministry of Education curriculum
• Collaboratively plan within the department to develop and design consistent and well-articulated programs and lessons
• Assess and report on student academic progress and effort, drawing attention to areas of achievement and areas requiring further development
• Supervise and manage student deportment, including behaviour and adherence to uniform expectations
• Monitors students’ academic, co-curricular, and personal growth as an advisor
• Attend and participate in core school functions and special events
• Participate in the co-curricular programme of the school
• Additional duties and responsibilities as outlined in the Faculty Handbook
• A Bachelor of Education degree with an undergraduate degree in physical education
• Hold a valid BC Teaching certificate
• Co-curricular coaching experience in rugby is valued
• Experience with soccer, basketball and volleyball is valued along with coaching designations
• Must be highly collegial and a collaborative team partner
• Experience teaching at the Senior School level in an independent school environment is considered an asset
• Effective interpersonal skills to establish connections with students and parents
• A proven understanding of children developmentally
• Experience teaching in a technology rich environment is an asset
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply for this position, please create an account (or login to an existing one) online (Step 1) and ensure you complete the TeacherInsight assessment (Step 2) by February 21, 2018.
For any questions relating to this position, or about employment at Southridge, email: email@example.com. To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.