Part-Time Remedial Math Specialist
Fraser Academy’s FAx Outreach Centre is seeking a part-time remedial Math Specialist to join our After3 team. FAx serves elementary, middle, and senior school students in the community who struggle with the development of numeracy skills and may or may not have a Specific Learning Disability in Math.
Job Summary: As a member of the After3 team with experience in remedial math instruction, you will be involved in creating individualized learning plans in a one-to-one or small group setting. You will design and implement lessons to build skills in numeracy including number sense, math vocabulary, estimation, calculation, measurements, and word problems using a mediated instructional approach. The ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge of the cognitive processes affecting students with learning disabilities and have a passion for remedial math education.
Position Type: Part-time, After school
Reports to: Executive Director FAx
- Work one-to-one with K - 12 students after school, Monday-Thursday
- Design and implement individualized lessons
- Utilize Fraser Academy resources to support lesson planning
- Be able to contribute to IEP’s and have a working knowledge of psycho educational assessments
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Write twice yearly progress reports
- Provide a structured, flexible, multi sensory learning experience for students
- Be able to connect and build rapport with students of all ages and academic levels
- Provide dynamic, innovative and engaging math experiences that focus on student success
- Exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills when dealing with students, families, colleagues, and administrators
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- Thrives in a collaborative, flexible, supportive team environment
- Committed to professional growth
- Teaching Certificate or Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics
- Math Specialty
- Knowledge of Orton-Gillingham and/or NILD methodology is an asset
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Erin Kline, Executive Director, FAx: firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.