Kenneth Gordon Maplewood School, located in North Vancouver,is looking for an OG Certified Tutor. At KGMS, we believe that every child is unique and that their differences should be celebrated. We believe in an innovative approach to education that’s forward thinking yet rooted in history. We believe that every child deserves to fit in, to feel like they’re on the inside. Above all, we believe in the potential of our students. Our students work in a dynamic classroom setting that includes whole class, small group and one-on-one tutoring.
As a tutor at KGMS, your role would include tutoring students using the Orton Gillingham method for students across a range of grades. In addition, keeping well- documented reports on your student caseload is imperative.
The ideal candidate:
• is an OG certified tutor (provide certification)
• conducts individualized tutorial sessions for studentsusing the Orton- Gillingham method
• designs and implements engaging academic exercises and activities that further support the child’s academic progress
• is detailed-oriented
• maintains all necessary records required to demonstrate the student’s academic progress inaccordance with the KGMS documentation processes
• communicates with the mentor tutors and/or absent tutor what was accomplished with the student(s)
If you’re interested and feel like you’re a good fit with KGMS’ philosophy, please email your cover letter andresume to firstname.lastname@example.org.Shortlistedcandidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest.