MYP/DP French Teacher
IB MYP/DP French
Overview of Position
Meadowridge School is inviting applications from kind, innovative and qualified MYP/DP French Teachers committed to providing an exceptional learning environment for our students. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellence in instructional and assessment practices, a passion for teaching, and a strong understanding of how students learn best in the second language classroom. This teaching position involves teaching French in the IB Middle Years Programme and Diploma Programme beginning September 2018. A commitment to life beyond the classroom, including co-curriculars and committee involvement are conditions of employment.
• Bachelor of Education
• British Columbia Teacher Regulation Branch certification
• Previous IB training or experience
• Independent School experience
• Master’s degree in French or equivalent
• Familiarity with DELF
• Coaching and/or extra-curricular experience
Desired Qualities and Competencies
• Strong knowledge of BC curriculum, IB philosophy and IB instructional practices
• Experience using an inquiry-based and project-based learning approach
• Teaching excellence, with a passion for students and the subject area
• Hard working, driven and self-motivated with a desire to “go the extra mile” to develop programme excellence.
• Demonstrated ability to differentiate instruction and provide exceptional individualized attention to learners.
• Committed to critical thought and continuous growth (both personal & professional)
• Ability to collaborate effectively with others, including a sense of humour and supportive approach to problem solving.
• Exemplary communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
A criminal record and vulnerable sector check is a requirement.
Please send a cover letter and resume, with references to:
Kalie Whitaker, Director of Human Resources
Closing Date: February 16, 2018
We thank all candidates in advance. We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview.