Middle School Music Teacher
2330 Cypress Bowl Lane
West Vancouver, BC V7S 3H9
Middle School Music Teacher
Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are looking for a well-qualified and experienced teacher for the permanent full-time position of Middle School Music Teacher starting August 2018.
Teaching responsibilities for the Middle School Music Teacher include MYP Music Grade 6, MYP Music Grade 10, MYP Integrated Performing Arts Grades 7-9 and MYP music electives Grades 7-9. The successful candidate will be a passionate, inspiring and a highly skilled teacher who appreciates working in a collaborative environment. Mulgrave has both well-equipped and purpose designed band and choral rooms, multiple practice studios and a state of the art theatre.
The teacher will also be responsible for leading two co-curricular ensembles, choirs or jazz ensembles, depending on experience. Each of the co-curricular ensembles perform regularly in the school and broader community. The program has toured to Banff, Sun Peaks and Whistler festivals in recent years.
The integrated performing arts program in Grades 7-9 is an innovative program that includes the study of world music / art forms, with many professional musicians coming in for guest workshops with the students. Music and performing arts are well resourced and supported enthusiastically by both students and the broader school community.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidates will be expected to have or acquire:
- Canadian residency or be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Valid BC teaching certificate
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Music or Music Education
- A strong foundation in conducting and jazz experience as an additional asset
- Proficiency with guitar and ukulele
- Knowledge and understanding of the International Baccalaureate programmes, preferably with experience in the Middle Years Programme
- Strong conducting skills, with three years directing music ensembles to performances and festivals
- Experience teaching in a technology-rich environment
- Fluent communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Demonstrate strong organisational and time management skills. This will include leadership for the music program including concert preparation, trip organisation and special events planning
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- A warm, caring professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School and a detailed Job Description, including skill requirements. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide for their own transportation.
If you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and you possess the qualities outlined, this opportunity may be ideal for you. Your resume and covering letter should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 3, 2018. Please include “Middle School Music Teacher” in the subject line.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.