Middle and Senior School Math Position
Aspengrove School is inviting applications from passionate, enthusiastic and experienced educators for the position of Middle and Senior School Math teacher at this JK-12 school. The position is to fill an 18 month leave beginning from January, 2018 to June, 2018 at .6 FTE and then becoming 1.0 FTE August 2018 to June 2019.
Aspengrove is a growing and vital community that delivers the IB curriculum in all divisions. Situated north of Nanaimo in the town of Lantzville, this suburban campus affords rich opportunities for students and teachers to engage in a meaningful learning journey. The successful candidate will have teaching experience and be interested in working with a community of committed educators.
• BC Teacher Certificate
• Related teaching experience
• MYP/DP IB experience an asset
Desired Qualities and Competencies:
• Understanding of current educational practices in differentiated instruction
• Strong communication, teamwork and instructional skills
• A record of encouraging, nurturing, and supporting students’ love of learning
• Collaborative orientation
• Current in technology integration
• Ability to map curriculum in collaboration with colleagues
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Head, Middle and Senior Divisions, the candidate will:
• prepare for, teach, support and supervise students
• provide student feedback on progress in the form of assessments, reporting and conferencing
• participate in the co-curricular programs
• attend all required meetings and professional development activities
• work collaboratively with colleagues
• deliver the required curriculum
• remain current and knowledgeable in best practices for math instruction
Please submit cover letter and resume including three references to Kate Lloyd firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for this posting is November 24, 2017.