Learning Strategies Teacher (Temp)
Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique 'IB Advantage': a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
At GNS, we are a strong community minded team with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding young men and women in making positive differences in the world. If you’re a creative and inspirational educator, we are currently seeking qualified applicants for the following position commencing September 2019:
Learning Strategies Teacher
Temporary, Full-time (to cover a leave)
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- monitor and support student’s academic, co-curricular, and personal growth
- nurture each child to discover their own talents, sense of purpose, sense of self and inner strength
- make an active contribution to our co-curricular programs and participate fully in the culture of our independent school community.
Desired Experience & Skills:
- A valid BC teaching certificate
- Experience as a Learning Assistance/Resource Teacher and formal Special Education training preferred
- Experience working with teachers to provide appropriate accommodations to meet the needs of all students
- Experience using assistive technology as a tool for learning
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of an IEP in consultation with teachers, parents, students, and appropriate resource personnel
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish connections with students, parents and colleagues
- Must be highly collegial and a collaborative team player
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and creativity in education
- Highly reflective and committed to continuous professional growth and improvement
This is a wonderful opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by visiting the following link: https://easyapply.co/job/learning-strategies-teacher-temp?rcid=isabc
Application deadline: Friday, August 16, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will remain open until filled.