Learning Resource Teacher
Learning Resource Teacher 1.0 FTE
Collingwood School, a progressive co-ed independent day school in beautiful West Vancouver, is seeking qualified applicants for our Learning Support Department for a temporary contract from September 2017 through to June 2018. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, collaborative, inspirational, tech-savvy educator with experience working with students who have diagnosed learning differences.
The following assets and qualifications are desirable:
• B.Ed in elementary education with experience and training in teaching students with learning challenges
• a Master’s Degree or specific course work in Special Education
• Orton Gillingham Multi-sensory Phonics and Numeracy tutoring certification
• knowledge of differentiated learning approaches
• knowledge of the new BC curriculum, and appropriate resources and programmes including Singapore Math, Reading Power and Writing Power
• experience contributing to the writing of IEP goals
• excellent interpersonal skills including a positive and proactive approach
• excellent organization and communication skills
• a passion for ongoing learning and professional development
• flexibility, accountability, integrity and adaptability
Potential candidates must be a certified, or be in the process of becoming certified, by the British Columbia Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch. Letters of application, accompanied by a resume, and the names of two referees, MUST be received by Friday, September 22, 2017.
To apply to this job, register or log into your account at http://collingwood.simplication.com. Do a job search, click on the job you are interested in, and click the apply button. You will receive a confirmation email and the job will be listed in your 'job application log' once you have applied successfully. If you have any questions re: Simplication call 1-877-900-5627.
Inquiries about the position should be directed to Kendra Belen email@example.com