Learning Resource Specialist
Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
At Collingwood, we are uncommon, unbounded and unassuming. We search for teachers who think differently, who are willing to learn and who are experts in academics, arts, athletics or service.
We are seeking a Full Time Learning Resource Specialist to join our Wentworth Campus (JK - Grade 7). The successful candidate will be a dynamic, collaborative, inspirational, tech-savvy educator with experience working with students who have diagnosed learning differences, and who is looking to become a part of a vibrant teaching and learning community. The position will start in late August 2019.
• Design and deliver a curriculum that meets the needs of the individual students and the Ministry requirements
• Establish a respectful and safe learning environment
• Collaborate with other members of faculty to create innovative lessons and units that include experiential learning
• Attend regular Pro D to strengthen and inform your teaching practice
• Maintain confidentiality of all information related to Collingwood School, the students, their families, and staff
• Bachelor of Education in elementary education with experience and training in teaching students with learning challenges
• Master’s Degree or specific course work in Special Education
• Orton Gillingham Multi-sensory Phonics and Numeracy tutoring certification
• Knowledge of differentiated learning approaches
• Knowledge of the new BC curriculum
• Experience co-teaching, co-planning and co-designing units of study
• Experience contributing to the writing of IEP goals
• Excellent management, organizational, interpersonal and relationship skills
• Demonstrated oral, written, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to build collaborative and effective relationships with students, staff, parents and the community
• Certified (or in the process of becoming certified) by the British Columbia Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch
Our “Must Haves”
• Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
• Desire to help each student achieve personal success
• Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
• Self motivated, energetic and fun
We offer a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, including a RRSP matching program, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by April 26th, 2019 to email@example.com . Applications will not be accepted after this date.
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.