Junior School Drama & Music Teacher
Southpointe Academy, an independent, K to 12, university-preparatory school in Tsawwassen, B.C. invites applications from individuals who wish to join our dynamic community. Located in a contemporary urban learning environment, the school building meets rigorous architectural standards and possesses views from all common areas of the Fraser Delta, Gulf of Georgia and the North Shore Mountains. Southpointe Academy is home to 560 students and over 80 teachers and support staff.
The School is an authorized International Baccalaureate Continuum World School offering the Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) and Middle Years Programme (IB MYP). Southpointe also offers The College Board’s Advanced Placement (AP) Program to students in Grades 10 to 12. Our graduates attend the top post-secondary schools in Canada, the U.S. and the U.K.
Reporting to the Junior School Principal, the Junior School Drama & Music Teacher position will commence August 28, 2020.
- Completion of B.Ed. and one of the following from the B.C. Ministry of Education: Certificate of Qualification or Independent School Teaching Certificate;
- Support of the School's mission, vision and values;
- Support of the IB programmes and a pedagogy focused on inquiry- and concept-based learning;
- Ability to integrate the BC Ministry of Education's Big Ideas and Curricular Competencies for Arts Education;
- Commitment to the School's extra-curricular program, including leading choir and drama groups;
- Ability to work cooperatively with all members of the school community;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Undergraduate degree or specialization in Drama and Music;
- IB PYP training and teaching experience.
Faculty Salaries and Benefits:
- Based on the School’s approved Teacher Salary Scale;
- Extended health and dental benefits;
- RRSP matching program;
- Subsidised staff lunch program;
- Staff wellness program.
Please submit your application with the following supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter;
- BC Teaching Certificate or Independent School Teaching Certificate number;
- Two letters of reference from the most recent supervisors/principals;
- Most recent teaching evaluation.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Southpointe Academy. However, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.