Intermediate Grades MYP - Junior School
Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 680 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our mission is to develop well-rounded students with the love of learning, integrity, character and confidence to realize their full potential and make a difference in the world.
Our Junior School (K-7) offers both the IB Primary and Middle Years Programs. Southridge is affectionately described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re passionate about working in an energizing environment with colleagues that value building strong relationships, student-centered teaching and learning, and community all while having fun, we want to hear from you!
INTERMEDIATE GRADES MYP TEACHER (TEMPORARY, FULL-TIME)
We are currently inviting applications for the position of temporary full-time (1.0 FTE) IB MYP Teacher in the Junior School. Teaching responsibilities include one section each of: Grade 5 English, Math and Humanities, and Grade 6 Humanities.
This position will commence immediately through to June 30, 2019.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor and nurture students’ academic, social, and emotional growth as a Grade 5 homeroom teacher and subject specialist in MYP English, Math, and Humanities
• Collaboratively plan and deliver the core program requirements for the assigned grade levels and subjects through a student-centered, inquiry based approach that aligns with the philosophy and framework of the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program (IB MYP), as well as the BC Ed Plan
• Assess and report on student learning and approaches to learning, drawing attention to areas of strength and areas for growth
• Integrate technology as a tool that enhances teaching and learning (1:1 laptop program)
• Guide and nurture student behaviour that aligns with Southridge values and expectation
• Maintain ongoing communication with parents to keep them informed of the program
• Attend and participate in core school functions and special events
• Participate in the co-curricular program of the school
• A Bachelor of Education, with a focus on Elementary Education
• Hold a valid BC teaching certificate
• IB MYP training
• Experience teaching at the elementary level in an independent school environment, preferably in an IB MYP school
• A demonstrated passion for and commitment to student-centered, inquiry based, concept driven teaching and learning
• A proven understanding of children’s social and emotional needs, particularly at the pre-adolescent stage
• Experience with technology as a means of enhancing teaching and learning
• Highly collegial and collaborative team member
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Co-curricular coaching experience
Southridge offers a competitive salary and pays 3% above the Vancouver School District. In addition, we have a comprehensive benefits package and a generous RRSP matching program.
To apply for this position, please visit our 'How to Apply' page for step-by-step instructions on submitting an application through our online system. The closing date for this posting is September 30, 2018.
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.