IB PYP - Physical Education Teacher
International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (IB PYP) - Physical Education Teacher
Southridge School is a K-12 university preparatory day school located in South Surrey, British Columbia, with a total enrolment of 668 students. Founded in 1995 and having graduated our first class in 1999, we are a young but well-established and very successful school, ranking consistently as a top school in the province. Southridge develops well-rounded graduates with a deep sense of personal integrity who have the moral character, love of learning and self–confidence to realize their full potential. Our faculty and staff members share a deep sense of purpose that is guided by our school’s vision, mission and guiding principles. We believe in the value of teamwork and seek opportunities to contribute to our school community and influence the wider world by inspiring and educating students who make a difference in the world.
We are currently seeking applicants for a temporary full-time (1.0 FTE) Physical Education teacher, supporting our International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (IB PYP), commencing September 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018. If you’re a passionate, highly collegial and innovative educator who is committed to professional growth we invite you to apply.
• Collaboratively plan and deliver a Physical Education program that incorporates the BC Ed Plan for Physical and Health Education (PHE) and the IB PYP PSPE Curriculum
• Nurture and model a love of lifelong physical fitness
• Assess and report on student skill development and growth in the PE program
• Collaboratively plan with and support the Junior School Athletics Director and the IB PYP Coordinator
• Organize and ensure proper usage of PE equipment
• Support the athletic co-curricular program of the school which includes coaching an elementary sports team each term, as well as supporting other athletic initiatives and school based special events
• Participate in professional development opportunities
• Additional duties and responsibilities as outlined in the Southridge Faculty Handbook
• Bachelor of Education - Physical Education specialty
• Valid BC Teaching certificate
• First Aid Certification
• International Baccalaureate (IB) PYP training Level 2 is preferred; IB PYP experience an asset
• Experience teaching PE at the elementary school level in an independent school environment
• Effective interpersonal skills to establish connections with students and parents
• A proven understanding of children’s developmental needs, particularly in Kindergarten through Grade 4
• Experience in coaching various sports at elementary levels is an asset (soccer, basketball, volleyball, rugby)
• Ability to build strong relationships with students in a K-7 school environment through teaching and coaching
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work in a collegial environment
• Experience teaching in a technology rich environment is an asset
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Southridge accepts all applications on line at http://Southridge.simplication.com (Step 1). Please register or log into your account and ensure you complete TeacherInsight Assessment (Step 2). The link to TeacherInsight can be found on our website under job opportunities/how to apply at www.southridge.bc.ca by the posting closing date of June 30, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.