IB DP English Literature Teacher
Mulgrave, The International School of Vancouver
2330 Cypress Bowl Lane
West Vancouver, BC V7S 3H9
IB DP English Literature Teacher
Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are looking for a well-qualified and experienced teacher for the permanent full-time position of IB Diploma Programme English Literature Teacher from August 2018.
As a member of the Senior School team this role will be responsible for teaching DP and MYP English in the Senior School (grades 10-12). Reporting to the Senior School Principal, the appointed person will be well-qualified and sufficiently experienced for the role and a passionate, inspiring and skilled teacher. The role will also include being a Teacher Advisor and contributing to the co-curricular programme.
This will critically involve:
- Teaching the IBDP and IBMYP curriculum programmes
- Ensuring the overall academic standards and assessments within the DP/MYP English are maintained at a high standard and that students receive engaging and carefully thought-out educational experiences.
- Have processes and procedures in place to ensure that the quality of learning and achievement is monitored, evaluated and shared.
- Fostering and facilitating professional development within the Senior School English team.
- Promoting English in the school community
- Promoting interdisciplinary study and TOK approaches within the English programmes.
- Ensuring that the English courses are fully articulated in terms of skills and concepts and fully recorded on Atlas.
Ideally candidates will have the following experience and skills:
- Minimum 5 years experience of teaching IBDP and MYP English and/or Literature.
- 7 - 10 years teaching experience.
- International teaching experience.
- DP English moderator / examiner experience.
- Affinity with our school's values and mission.
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor of Education degree or equivalent.
- Current or ability to meet all of the requirements and certifications to teach in BC.
- Hold an age appropriate First Aid Certificate.
- Experience teaching in a technology rich environment.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff members, students, parents, and outside community agencies and partners.
The salary range for this position will be $73,344 to $92,993, based on skills and experience. This position will also include BC Medical coverage, health & dental benefits, tuition discount allowance, and pension contribution. Applicants should either be Canadian and a provincially certified teacher or be prepared, with our support, to go through the process of applying for the appropriate visa and permissions from the Canadian and BC authorities prior to commencement.
Please visit our web site www.mulgrave.com for further details about our school and a detailed job description. If you are interested please submit your letter of application and resume to email@example.com by, April 30, 2018. We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.