Head Learning Support Teacher, Junior School (K-6)
2330 Cypress Bowl Lane
West Vancouver, BC V7S 3H9
Junior School Head Learning Support Teacher
Mulgrave is an independent, non-denominational co-educational school which is committed to providing an excellent academic programme. We are now inviting applications for a permanent full time position of Head Learning Support Teacher to start August 2018.
The Head Learning Support Teacher in the Junior School plays an important leadership role in the school community. It is a key role that supports and enhances learning for students in Grades K to 6. The Head Learning Support Teacher will work collaboratively with classroom teachers to support students with additional learning needs, and be responsible for guiding the learning resource team. Responsibilities also include developing, implementing and monitoring student IEPs (Individual Education Plans), and collaboratively facilitating the creation and implementation of support plans for students who require additional assistance. The Head Learning Support Teacher will work closely with Junior School Leadership team and the learning resource team to ensure consistency and alignment with the school’s strategic plan.
Ideally candidates will have the following experience and skills:
- Have Canadian residency and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Have all of the requirements and certifications to teach in British Columbia
- Hold a Diploma in Special Education or Master’s in Special Education
- Have five years of experience in working with students who have been identified as having special education needs
- Hold an age appropriate First Aid Certificate
- The ability to collaborate with classroom teachers to determine appropriate intervention models and strategies to support differentiation
- Communicate with families regarding their child’s needs and learning plans
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Endorse the school’s mission and vision statement
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School and a detailed Job Description, including skill requirements. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide for their own transportation.
If you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and you possess the qualities outlined, this opportunity may be ideal for you. Your resume and covering letter should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2018. Please include “JS Head of Learning Support Teacher” in the subject line.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.