Grades 6 - 12 Instrumental Music (Band) Teacher
Southpointe Academy, an independent, K-12, university-preparatory school in Tsawwassen, B.C. invites applications from individuals who wish to join our dynamic community. Located in a contemporary urban learning environment, the School building meets rigorous architectural standards and possesses views from all common areas of the Fraser Delta, Gulf of Georgia and the North Shore Mountains. Southpointe Academy is home to 560 students and over 80 teachers and support staff.
The School is an authorized International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) world school and IB Middle Years Programme (IB MYP) world school. Southpointe also offers The College Board’s Advanced Placement (AP) Program to students in Grades 10 to 12. Our graduates attend the top post-secondary schools in Canada, the U.S. and the U.K.
Reporting to the Middle School and Senior School Principal the Temporary Grades 6 - 12 Instrumental Music (Band) Teacher will provide instruction to our students with a strong focus on Senior Concert and Jazz Band. Our award winning Bands compete on both the Canadian and American music festival circuit. Starting August 22, 2019 this temporary assignment will conclude on June 19, 2020, we are looking for an exemplary teacher to prepare our students.
- Completion of B.Ed. and one of the following from the B.C. Ministry of Education; Certificate for Qualification or Independent School Teaching Certificate;
- Commitment to the school’s extra-curricular program;
- Ability to work cooperatively with all members of the school community;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience
- Based on the School’s approved Teacher Salary Scale;
- Subsidised staff lunch program.
Please submit your application with the following supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter;
- BC Teaching Certificate or Independent School Teaching Certificate number;
- Two letters of reference from past supervisors;
- Most recent teaching evaluation.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Southpointe Academy. However, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.