Grade 7 Homeroom Teacher
GRADE 7 HOMEROOM TEACHER
Full time, 1.0 FTE
Starting September 1, 2019
York House School, located in the heart of Vancouver, is one of Canada’s leading independent schools for girls. Founded in 1932 by seven progressive and insightful women, York House provides an outstanding education for approximately 650 girls from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12.
York House School is inviting applications from creative, innovative and qualified Elementary Teachers committed to providing an exceptional 21st-century learning environment for our girls. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellence in instructional and assessment practices, a passion for teaching, and a strong understanding of how girls learn. This teaching position involves teaching full-time Grade 7 in the Junior School. Homeroom teachers enable an environment that is conducive to girls learning. It is recognized that teachers provide services to the school in both curricular, and extra-curricular activities.
- Bachelor of Education
- British Columbia Teachers certification or equivalent
- Familiarity with new BC Curriculum is an asset
- Elementary / Intermediate school qualifications
- Three years of Elementary / Intermediate teaching experience is preferred
- Independent School experience is an asset
- Coaching and/or extra-curricular experience is an asset
Desired Qualities and Competencies
- Strong knowledge of British Columbia Curriculum and pedagogy
- Knowledge of the current research on girls and learning, developing critical 21st-century global capacities
- Demonstrated experience as an inspiring, innovative and enthusiastic educator
- Collaborative and flexible, supportive and effective team player
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with all stakeholders
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to educating the whole student
- Demonstrated ability to integrate technology purposefully to transform learning
- Demonstrated ability to differentiate instruction and assessment practices to meet the needs of individual learners
- Experience with using Understanding by Design as a framework to teach for deeper understanding
- Experience using an inquiry-based and project-based learning approach
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and creativity in education
Committed to continuous professional growth and improvement
To learn more about this exceptional community please visit us at www.yorkhouse.ca.
A criminal record and vulnerable sector check is a requirement. York House School values diversity and provides an inclusive work environment.
Please apply online here with a cover letter, resume and references.
Closing Date: February 25, 2018
We thank all candidates in advance. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.