Grade 3-Primary Years Teacher
Aspengrove School is inviting applications from passionate, enthusiastic and experienced educators for the position of Primary Years Grade 3 Teacher. This is a full time 1.0 FTE position starting August 15, 2018.
An independent co-educational day school, Aspengrove is located in Nanaimo, BC on beautiful Vancouver Island. We are an International Baccalaureate Continuum school that serves students from pre-K to grade 12. As a small school with a dedicated faculty and staff, we provide an excellent learning and teaching environment that is collaborative and innovative. Aspengrove School is a place where students and teachers work together to explore the opportunities of the IB curriculum and their passions as learners and members of a strong community. Our teachers believe that at Aspengrove “they have the freedom to make decisions around creativity and innovation, and they have an influence on the growth of the school.” They describe their students as “responsive to the demands of intellectual rigor and opportunities for powerful learning.
Our 40 acre rural-suburban campus setting affords rich opportunities for students and teachers to engage in a meaningful learning journey. The successful candidate will be interested in working with a community of committed educators.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Play an active role on a collaborative PYP team;
- Plan, implement and reflect on dynamic and interactive lessons;
- Deliver inquiry based Units of Inquiry that create a supportive culture for learning;
-Integrate meaningful, age appropriate technology into teaching and learning;
- Communicate and collaborate with parents, students and administration to support student learning;
- Be an active and positive participant in school life including co-curricular activities.
- Ideally 5-7 years of teaching experience with a (minimum) Bachelors in Education;
- Experience in an IB learning environment an asset;
- All of the requirements and certifications to teach in BC or ability to obtain by the start date;
- An ability to connect with, and inspire young students;
- A facility with technology;
- An ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team;
- An ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff members, students, parents, and outside community agencies and partners.
Please submit cover letter and resume including three references to Kate Lloyd at email@example.com by June 25, 2018