Full-time IB MYP/DP Spanish Teacher
Opened in 2000, Stratford Hall is a non-profit, co-ed, non-denominational, independent K-12 school located in East Vancouver. Through the continuum of International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes, we strive to create well-rounded students who are inquirers and critical thinkers who approach learning with a balanced and knowledgeable perspective. The school culture at Stratford Hall is warm and inclusive and we work hard to build a strong sense of community between students, parents, faculty and staff as a family in learning.
Position Rationale and Goal:
“There is no system in the world or any school in the country that is better than its teachers. Teachers are the lifeblood of the success of schools.” (Sir Ken Robinson, 2013)
Teachers are the key element in our school’s ability to promote the social, emotional and academic well-being of the students entrusted to our care. Teachers at Stratford Hall are the primary facilitators of student learning, essential elements in encouraging our students to become great human beings who embody the IB Learner Profile and key drivers of a school culture that is warm, inviting and unabashedly committed to the ideals of the International Baccalaureate programmes.
Ideal Candidate Profile and Qualifications:
Candidates for any position at the school are expected to possess:
- Fluent communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
- Strong organizational, communication, administrative and interpersonal skills; and
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Qualifications should include:
- Eligibility for BC teacher certification prior to starting in role;
- Eligibility for Canadian residency; and
- A university degree with a teaching emphasis or completion of a teacher preparation program.
For this position, the ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in the position being applied for, preferably in an IB/inquiry-based school setting; and
- A professional commitment to becoming an outstanding teacher.
Terms of Employment:
Salary will be determined by the Head of School in conjunction with the Director of Finance and Operations and will be commensurate with the employee’s experience and training. All other terms of employment not covered in this job description are outlined in the Employment Letter and/or the Employment Agreement.
Applications should be addressed to the Head of School, Dr. Sue Groesbeck, and emailed to Ms. Olivia Law at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to volume, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To be considered, complete applications should include the following:
- Cover letter stating why you believe you are a great fit for this role in terms of training, experience and character;
- An up-to-date CV/resumé;
- Contact details of at least three references (preferably those that have directly supervised you and can be contacted) either as a separate file or on the CV; and
Two letters of reference
- Please note that for child protection purposes, the current supervisor must serve as a reference prior to hiring, although not necessarily at the point of application.
Please see the attached job posting for further details.