French Teacher, Primary Years Programme - Junior School
Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 688 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our mission is to develop well-rounded students with the love of learning, integrity, character and confidence to realize their full potential and make a difference in the world.
Southridge has affectionally been described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re interested in working in an energizing environment with a team of dedicated professionals who like to work hard and have fun, please keep reading…
FRENCH TEACHER, PRIMARY YEARS PROGRAM, JUNIOR SCHOOL (TEMPORARY, FULL-TIME). This position will commence March 12, 2018 to June 30, 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and deliver the core program requirements for Grade 1, 2, 3, and 4 French
• Plan and deliver International Baccalaureate (IB) Units that incorporate the BC curriculum
• Assess and report on student academic progress and approaches to learning, drawing attention to areas of achievement and areas requiring further development
• Supervise and manage student deportment, including behavior and adherence to uniform expectations
• Monitor student’s academic, co-curricular, and personal growth.
• Attend and participate in core school functions and special events
• Participate in the co-curricular programme of the school
• Additional duties and responsibilities as outlined in the Faculty Handbook
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Education, with undergraduate studies in French
• Hold a valid BC teaching certificate
• Experience teaching in a technology rich environment is an asset
• Co-curricular coaching experience is valued- in particular in rugby, soccer, basketball or volleyball
• Must be highly collegial and a collaborative team partner willing to work on curriculum planning across grade levels
• International Baccalaureate (IB) training Level 2 is preferred; IB experience an asset
• Experience teaching at the Elementary School level in an independent school environment is an asset
• Effective interpersonal skills to establish connections with students and parents in the role of home room teacher
• Strong knowledge of children’s developmental and educational needs
• A record of encouraging, nurturing, and supporting students’ love of learning
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply for this position, please create an account (or login to an existing one) online (Step 1) and ensure you complete the TeacherInsigh assessment (Step 2) by February 21, 2018.
For any questions relating to this position, or about employment at Southridge, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.