Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
At Collingwood, we are uncommon, unbounded and unassuming. We search for teachers who think differently, who are willing to learn and who are experts in academics, arts, athletics or service.
We are seeking a Full Time French Teacher to join our Wentworth Campus (JK - Grade 7). The successful candidate is a dynamic, collaborative, inspirational, educator who is looking to become part of a vibrant teaching and learning community. You bring French teaching experience, flexibility and tech savviness to this role. The position will start in early March 2019 and is to cover a maternity leave.
• Design and deliver a curriculum that meets the needs of the individual students and the Ministry requirements
• Establish a respectful and safe learning environment
• Collaborate with other members of faculty to create innovative lessons and units that include experiential learning
• Attend regular Pro D to strengthen and inform your teaching practice
• Maintain confidentiality of all information related to Collingwood School, the students, their families, and staff
• Bachelor of Education in elementary education
• Bachelor of Arts in Modern Languages an asset
• Exceptional French communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum 3 years teaching experience in an elementary school
• In depth knowledge of AIM approach
• A passion for languages and cultural diversity
• Excellent management, organizational, interpersonal and relationship skills
• Demonstrated oral, written, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to build collaborative and effective relationships with students, staff, parents and the community
• Certified (or in the process of becoming certified) by the British Columbia Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch
Our “Must Haves”
• Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
• Desire to help each student achieve personal success
• Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
• Self motivated, energetic and fun.
We offer a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, including a RRSP matching program, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by January 31, 2019.
To apply to this position, register or log into your account at http://collingwood.simplication.com. Do a job search, click on the job you are interested in, and click the apply button. You will receive a confirmation email and the job will be listed in your 'job application log' once you have applied successfully. If you have any questions re: Simplication call 1-877-900-5627.
Any inquiries about this position can be directed to email@example.com
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please visit our website for more information about our school.