Queen Margaret’s School is seeking an exceptional teacher to join our Senior STEM department as a Senior Chemistry teacher, beginning October 30, 2017. This is a part-time, 0.3 FTE position.
The successful candidate will have experience teaching chemistry using inquiry driven practices and technology to support student learning. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the BC Ministry's redesigned curriculum and a commitment to experiential learning are essential to this position.
As an educator, the successful candidate will be passionate about their discipline and be able to inspire their students. They will be committed to continual professional development and will actively seek to expand their own learning.
Teachers interested in joining Queen Margaret’s School community must embrace the ethos of an independent school education, develop positive relationships with all community members, and contribute to a collaborative learning community. Dedicated time for collaborating with a team to design and implement cross-curricular units of study throughout the year is provided.
The candidate must possess or be eligible for Teacher certification through the BC Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch.
Applications must include:
• Cover letter & Resume
• Three (3) professional references available by phone
• Proof of teacher certification and degrees obtained
• Plan and teach engaging and relevant lessons adhering to the redesigned BC Ministry of Education curriculum and the QMS mission, vision and values
• Differentiate to accommodate diverse student learning and language needs
• Use technology effectively to support student learning
• Provide ongoing formative and summative assessments within each unit of study
• Report on progress formally using MyED BC and informally with families on a regular basis.
• Develop cross-curricular links through regular, collaborative, planning meetings
• Create a safe and nurturing classroom environment in which all students feel valued and respected.
• Bring energy, enthusiasm and a love for learning to the classroom
• Contribute to planning and delivery of special events
• Take an active part in all professional development activities including staff meetings
• Lead co-curricular assignments with enthusiasm
• Be a role model for students at all times in terms of personal actions.
• Champion the program through participation in parent evenings, workshops as requested.
• Collaborate with peers to support a student-centred learning environment
The following are requirements for this position:
• Graduate of a recognized B.Ed. program
• Proof of BC Ministry of Education Teacher Certification
• Experience teaching science and math Grades 8-12
• Commitment to continuous professional growth and professional learning
• Strong knowledge base and experience with differentiated teaching and student-centered assessment practices.
• Demonstrated experience with innovative practices including the integration of educational technology tools
• Demonstrated ability to develop strong learning relationships through the provision of a safe and trusting learning environment
• Ability to work effectively in a culturally responsive teaching environment
• Understanding of British Columbia’s redesigned K-9 curriculum and the objectives of competency based education
• Commitment to regularly engage in experiential learning experiences
• Strong organizational and communication skills; ability to communicate and develop relationships with a wide array of stakeholders including students, parents, colleagues, community members and other QMS team members
• A commitment to the co-curricular, athletic and/or service experiences that are inherent to an independent school community
Preference will be given to candidates who also have the following skills and qualifications:
• Experience teaching in an all girls environment
• Standard First Aid certification or above
• Valid driver’s license and clean driver abstract
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org