Associate Teacher - Kindergarten
Associate Teacher(s) – Kindergarten
Temporary, Full Time (2019.20 Academic Year)
Are you a new teacher candidate looking to jump-start your teaching career at one of Vancouver’s leading Independent Schools? If you are, this opportunity is for you!
Our Associate Teacher program aligns with one of our key strategic goals which is to provide highly personalised and differentiated learning in all grades. To this end, we place Associate Teachers in every classroom from Kindergarten to Grade 3 and one Associate Teacher for each grade team from Grades 4 to 6. Through the implementation of effective co-teaching strategies, students will reap the benefits of a more personalised curriculum and our Associate Teachers reap the benefits of mastering their teaching skills under the mentorship of our exceptional lead teachers.
Mulgrave School is a world-class, innovative independent school located in West Vancouver, who is committed to providing an excellent academic programme from Pre-K through Grade 12. We are now inviting applications for full-time, temporary positions in our Associate Teachers program for our Early Years (K) and Junior School (Grades 1-6) divisions for the 2019.20 academic year.
We are looking for people who:
- Actively seeking to build understanding of current educational developments, including knowledge and understanding of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years and Middle Years Programme
- Using technology to enhance and enrich the learning environment
- Embracing flexibility and open-mindedness, and demonstrating a willingness to be collaborative, innovative, and take initiative
- Being open and receptive to feedback
- Maintaining a professional demeanor and modelling an understanding of the school’s mission, vision, and values
Candidates will be expected to have:
- Canadian residency and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- All of the requirements and certifications to teach in BC certificate and hold an age-appropriate First Aid Certificate
If you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and you possess the qualities outlined, this opportunity may be ideal for you. For further information and a detailed job description, you are invited to visit our website at www.mulgrave.com.
Resumes should be submitted by visiting https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs. Interviews for these positions will be ongoing.
Given the location of the school, applicants must provide for their own transportation. We thank all interested parties. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.