Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
At Collingwood, we are uncommon, unbounded and unassuming. We search for teachers and educators who think differently, who are willing to learn and who are experts in academics, arts, athletics or service.
We are seeking qualified Associated Faculty (Grades 1-7) to join our Wentworth campus.. This opportunity provides a stepping-stone into the world of teaching. Most of our current teachers started out as members of our Associate Faculty. The successful candidate is a flexible, dynamic, collaborative, inspirational, educator who is looking to become part of a vibrant teaching and learning community. This position is a Full Time Contract for the 2019-2020 school year. The start date is late August 2019. We welcome applications from newly qualified and experienced teachers.
• Work with a teacher mentor
• Collaborate with staff and faculty at team meetings
• Participate in Pro D opportunities
• Support with TOC opportunities throughout the school
• Take part in team teaching
• Support children one on one and in small groups
• Take on minimal School Age Care responsibilities and recess coverage
• Participate in extra curricular activities
• Bachelor of Education
• Certified (or in the process of becoming certified) by the British Columbia Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch
• Excellent management, organizational, interpersonal and relationship skills
• Creative flexibility and ability to work in a student centered environment
• Demonstrated oral, written, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to build collaborative and effective relationships with students, staff, parents and the community
Our “Must Haves”
• Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
• Desire to excel and succeed
• Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
• Self motivated, energetic and fun!
We offer a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, including Extended Health, Dental, MSP, Sick Days, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by May 31 , 2019 to: email@example.com .
If you have any questions about this posting please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.