Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
We are seeking a Temporary Systems Administrator to join our Computer Services team. The contract dates are: asap – September 27, 2019.
The Systems Administrator’s key purpose is to maintain and enhance systems and services for the staff, faculty, and students of the school. This position will report to the Director of Information Technology.
• Create, maintain and decommission servers (physical and virtual) for the school as needed.
• Create, maintain, and decommission user accounts in Active Directory and Google Apps Environments.
• Create and update Operating system images for deployment on servers.
• Provide guidance to IT team in development and deployment of workstation images.
• Building test scenarios for deployment strategies.
• Maintain hosted services and emails including Google Apps, Microsoft Exchange.
• Maintain Update Server for deployment of Windows security and critical updates.
• Monitor bulletins, manufacturer websites, and other resources for vulnerability updates and patches; monitor Anti-virus server for vulnerable workstations.
• Maintain backup of server and data and test the integrity of backups, and implementing disaster recovery solutions.
• Building a test environment for implementing Group Policies domain-wide.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software issues that affect users domain-wide.
• Provide support to primary helpdesk for troubleshooting complicated issues.
• Assist in strategic planning by providing technical background and expertise.
• Create and maintain up to date written documentation on systems, configurations, protocols.
• Assist in software releases and roll-outs according to Change Management best practices.
• Assist with all aspects of large scale deployments, updates and refreshes when necessary.
• Completion of a College diploma program in Computer Systems (both hardware and software) with 4 years related experience or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
• Solid knowledge of PC hardware and peripherals.
• Extensive knowledge of operating systems including last gen and current gen Windows and Mac-OS iterations.
• Strong knowledge of networking (Ethernet, TCP/IP and file sharing).
• Proven ability to troubleshoot systems hardware, software and networking problems.
• Knowledge of advanced computer hardware, including current Intel i-Series processors.
• Admin experience with Google Apps for education or Gsuite.
• Proven experience in building and maintaining virtual hosting environments for Windows based systems.
• Proven experience in systems automation with Windows based scripting / languages, such as PowerShell.
• Knowledge and experience in systems backup and retention including industry leading software and practices.
• Experience in supporting and maintaining enterprise level systems such as Student Information Systems, Constituent Relationship management systems and Human Resources management systems.
• Extensive knowledge working within an enterprise-class, windows server-based desktop environment.
• Knowledge of Active Directory and Windows Deployment Services.
• Knowledge of working in a hosted MS Exchange environment.
• Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
• Must be able to work as a team player and independently, providing multifunctional support in an accurate and timely manner.
• Requires independent judgment pertaining to system design and installation recommendations, requiring creativity and resourcefulness to provide services.
• Handles high stress situations and supports changes in processes/procedures to improve work conditions as well as work flow.
• Highly developed English communication skills and exceptional customer service skills required in dealing with faculty, staff, students and external stakeholders.
• Expected to resolve unexpected technical problems that arise in tight timelines.
• Requires excellent organizational abilities to prioritize needs and provide timely service, in a fast paced environment
• Keen attention to detail
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Access to a vehicle
Our “Must Haves”
• Proven work ethic with utmost integrity.
• Desire to excel and succeed.
• Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented).
• Self motivated, energetic and fun!
If this role is a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by January 25, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include the words “Systems Administrator” in your email Subject Line.
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please visit our website for more information about our school.