Student Support Assistant
Position Rationale and Goal:
The Student Support Assistant is accountable to the Junior School Principal and will assist the Learning Specialist: Differentiated Learning with a student in the grade 7 classroom. We are seeking highly energetic, creative and positive individuals who are passionate about working with children.
For this position, the following are considered to be assets:
- Experience working on a team providing Intensive Behavioural Intervention
- Experience using techniques of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
- Completion of POPARD coursework
- An excellent practicum or work evaluation
- Work in collaboration with the classroom teachers to meet the goals of an Individualized Education Plan and to implement positive behaviour support plan strategies
- Provide in-class and 1:1 academic and behaviour support for a student, with specific attention to self-regulation and social interactions
- Collect data and monitor student progress
Terms of Employment:
Full-time is preferred for this position, and the hourly rate is $25.42.
Please see the attached job posting for further details.
Applications should be addressed to the Junior School Principal, Ms. Greta Bartsch, and emailed to Ms. Olivia Law at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to volume, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To be considered, complete applications should include the following:
- Cover letter stating why you believe you are a great fit for this role in terms of training, experience and character;
- An up-to-date CV/resumé; and
Contact details of at least three references (preferably those that have directly supervised you and can be contacted) either as a separate file or on the CV;
- Please note that for child protection purposes, the current supervisor must serve as a reference prior to hiring
We would like to thank all applicants in advance, however we will only contact those selected for an interview.
Starting date: ASAP.