Science Lab Technician
Science Laboratory Technician
Mulgrave is an independent, non-denominational co-educational school which is committed to providing an excellent academic programme from Pre-K through Grade 12. We are now inviting applications for a permanent full time position of Science Laboratory Technician.
The primary role of the Science Lab Technician is to assist the Science Curriculum Coordinators and Science Teachers with the day to day preparation and maintenance of the science labs & equipment.
Science is taught in 5 laboratories and, in ordinary classrooms. Lesson requirements are often clearly identifiable as Science in Grades K-10 and Biology, Environmental Systems, Physics or Chemistry in Grades 11 & 12. The department is organised to make maximum use of each individual's specialist knowledge of their subject.
- Minimum Grade 12 Graduation
- Effective organisation and administrative skills, with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Good numeracy and literacy
- Proficiency in various computer applications (Word, Excel, Google Docs)
- The ability to prioritise assignments, meet deadlines and manage workloads of others
- The ability to work both independently and cooperatively as part of a team and communicate effectively with all members of the school community
- Empathy with young people and awareness of safeguarding issues
- Preference will be given for candidates with previous experience in a science learning environment and with science knowledge in Biology, Physics or Chemistry
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School and a detailed Job Description, including skill requirements. An attractive compensation package including a base salary range of $45,000 to $50,000 along with a generous benefit package will be offered for the right candidate. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide for their own transportation.
If you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and you possess the qualities outlined, this opportunity may be ideal for you. Your resume and covering letter should be emailed to email@example.com by July 27, 2018. Please include “Science Lab Technician” in the subject line.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.