School Administrative Assistant
We are looking for a School Administrative Assistant to assist the School Office Manager.
Who We Are:
King David High School is a top-rated independent school in central Vancouver; we are members of ISABC and a CAIS candidate school. Our staff come from all walks of life and backgrounds – we value diversity. King David teachers enjoy working in a warm, collegial environment where we collaborate to ensure our students strive to reach their potential by meeting high standards and working hard in a fun and caring environment. King David nurtures a Jewish culture characterized by a shared tradition, a common dedication to social justice, and a love for learning.
About the Position:
The School Administrative Assistant supports the School Office Manager by providing reception and administrative support to the Head of School, Deputy Head of School, teachers and staff. This position provides exceptional service and exemplifies a caring, can-do attitude in support of King David’s mission and values. The School Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact for all members of the school community – greeting all students, staff and visitors at the front desk, as well as answering phones while maintaining all student records and supporting a variety of administrative and faculty tasks.
This position is Full Time starting as soon as possible.
Requirements for the Position:
- have 5+ years of related experience working in an independent school or a school office, or related field/office setting
- be self-motivated, creative, and able to manage a number of tasks concurrently in a dynamic and busy environment
- love working with adolescents and adults and be a kind, caring, supportive and positive role model
- possess strong interpersonal communication (verbal and written) skills
- have exceptional computer skills in Microsoft Office/school course management systems and/or other databases
- have proven ability to work independently, accurately and with attention to detail within deadlines
Why Work at King David:
- We work in a modern, technology-rich environment
- Professional development is supported, both in and out of school, through conference attendance, courses and workshops
- We provide continuous support and mentorship for new staff
- We have a young, motivated, and engaged staff with an administration committed to creating a safe, positive workplace
- We offer a comprehensive compensation package and great extended benefits, pension and other perks (health spending allowance)
How to Apply:
If you are excited to work with a committed and team-oriented group of people and you have the desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, we want to hear from you.
Interested candidates should forward their resume with a cover letter, current references and contact information via email to Debbie Appelbaum