Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique 'IB Advantage': a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
At GNS, we are a strong community minded team with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding young men and women in making positive differences in the world. We currently seek exceptional applicants for the following opportunity:
Regular, Part-time (September to June)
Monday-Friday: 7:30am – 1:00pm
The Receptionist supports the Senior School office by providing reception and administrative support to the Principal, faculty and staff. This position provides exceptional service and exemplifies a caring, can-do attitude in support of GNS’s mission and values.
• Greet staff, students and visitors to the school; respond to inquiries and serve as the first point of contact for students and their families.
• Answer and direct all incoming calls, emails and correspondence; sort and distribute incoming mail and prepare all outgoing mail.
• Prepare and distribute daily announcements; update the video messaging system.
• Process daily attendance and maintain accurate records of incoming and outgoing students as per school policy.
• Collect forms and payments for various school events and activities and prepare deposits for Finance.
• Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies.
• Other relevant administrative duties.
• High School graduation with a certificate in office administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Two-three years’ experience in a reception capacity, preferably within a school environment
• Must have a friendly and helpful disposition with excellent interpersonal skills to build strong connections with staff, students, teachers and parents
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to complete tasks in a timely fashion
• Strong commitment to work quality
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• First Aid Certificate, an asset
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by Friday, September 14, 2018 by visiting the following link: https://easyapply.co/job/receptionist-721?rcid=isabc
This position will remain open until filled however, interviews will commence immediately.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.