Musician as an Artist in Residence
Welcoming a Musician as an Artist in Residence
for the 2018-2019 School Year
At Crofton House School, we inspire girls to discover and pursue their personal excellence from the first day of junior kindergarten to grade 12 and beyond.
Bound by our belief in the power of all-girls education, Crofton House School fosters a strong sense of community among educators, staff, students and families. Here, everyone can contribute to the strength of our learning environment – including you.
Crofton House School is welcoming applications from musicians who would value the opportunity to work with students from junior kindergarten to grade 12 and talented music teachers in a school setting that is open to new ideas and ways of learning. As ‘Artist in Residence’, you would find the school to be a supportive and enriching place to develop your craft while engaging others in the art of making or producing music.
- Collaborate with teachers to develop learning experiences for students
- Inspire students through unique learning opportunities that enrich their school music experience
- Find ways to enrich the life of the school during the period of the residency
- Leave something behind that will celebrate the experience of your residency
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- A rich and diverse experience as a musician (instrumental, vocal, composition)
- An ability to make experience as an artist accessible to a diverse learning community
- An interest in working with students in both elementary and secondary settings
- A desire to share talent and expertise with students, teachers and parents
- Experience working in a school setting (an asset)
- A vision for how to connect experience as a working artist to a school community in order to leave a legacy of impact
Employment and Application Detail:
The term of this contract is negotiable within the period from September 2018 - June 2019.
Compensation will be based upon experience and hours of commitment. The days and hours are negotiable in order to balance the outside commitments of the Artist in Residence with the needs of the school community. The Artist in Residence will be provided with a small amount of office and/or practice space. The Artist in Residence must be able to legally work in Canada.
Apply online at www.croftonhouse.ca/careers. We will review applications as soon as they are submitted.
We thank all candidates in advance. We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview. No phone calls please.
About Crofton House School
Crofton House School is a university preparatory day school for girls from junior kindergarten to grade 12. Set on a beautiful ten-acre campus in Vancouver, we offer an inclusive, supportive community of dedicated teachers, involved parents, and enthusiastic students. Collaborative, student-centred, inquiry-based education and world-class facilities create a unique learning environment where each girl can reach her full potential.