Manager, Out-of-School Programs
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Are you looking for a fun and challenging leadership opportunity where you can build something from the ground up? Glenlyon Norfolk School is seeking a passionate and enthusiastic person to build an exceptional out-of-school program for GNS students and other youth.
Manager, Out-of-School Programs
Regular, part-time position
(with full-time hours during Spring, Summer & Winter break)
The Manager, Out-of-School Programs will be responsible for designing, planning and implementing a robust and dynamic out-of-school program that will operate over 15 weeks during spring, summer and winter break periods. Responsible for all aspects of program development, administration, communication and the day-to-day operation of a seamless program that inspires fun, friendships and strong community connections. This position provides exceptional customer service offering a wide array of safe and rewarding activities in a manner that reflects the GNS values of Truth, Courage, Caring, Individuality and Community.
• Design, plan and execute high quality, non-academic programs that are relevant and engaging for children and youth at both the Beach Drive and Pemberton Woods campuses;
• Work collaboratively with various members of the GNS community to build unique, in-demand programs, to set goals, resolve issues and make decisions that enhance programming and build a strong reputation in the marketplace;
• Work with Marketing and Communications to lead the development, production and distribution of program information that will maximize exposure and drive enrolment;
• Work with the Director of Risk Management to ensure all out-of-school camps and activities conform to relevant legal requirements and school policies as it relates to safe practices, risk mitigation, emergency plans and protocols;
• Plan and coordinate the recruitment of Camp Leaders and other personnel to support out-of-school camps, in cooperation with Human Resources;
• Provide leadership, guidance and support to all Camp Leaders to enable a high performing team;
• Create the systems and standards by which all Camp Leaders must follow to ensure a consistent and high quality experience for all participants and their parents;
• Work closely with and oversee the Director of Soccer and MAP Coordinator to ensure alignment with all existing and future non-academic programs and activities;
• Oversee and monitor the operating budget and ensure fiscal responsibility;
• Create and implement efficient systems to organize, track and monitor all program activities and measure their success;
• Oversee program registration; collect and process all relevant documentation; and work with the IT department to setup online registration and payment systems;
• Other duties as necessary to ensure the effective and efficient operation of a successful out-of-school program.
Education / Experience
• Bachelors Degree in Education, Recreation, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current CPR and First Aid certification, or willingness to obtain.
• Three years experience developing and/or managing engaging programs for children and youth.
• Three years experience in a leadership and/or administrative capacity in a recreation, camp or related environment.
• Strong background and demonstrated success in creating enriched environments and quality learning experiences.
• Be results-driven, a self-starter and highly motivated with an interpersonal style that fosters collaborative and productive relationships with a diverse group of people
• Be passionate and highly focused on quality and continuous improvement
• Exemplify exceptional customer service by making authentic connections with GNS families, school, and the broader community
• Ability to think, plan and execute strategically
• Possess high professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Ability to handle situations with tact and diplomacy
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Proactive and innovative approach to solving problems
• Collaborative, yet decisive, management style
• Ability to lead various camps and programs, when needed
• Class 4 unrestricted driver’s license would be an asset but not required
• Flexible schedule (must be on campus and/or available while programs are in session)
This is an exciting opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals and to enhance the reputation of GNS as a preferred destination for out-of-school programming. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments. Please apply online via the following website: https://gethired.com/job/manager-out-of-school-programs?rcid=isabc
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.